Brett Ryan received his law degree from the University of Iowa College of Law with high distinction in 1999 and is licensed to practice in Iowa and Nebraska. Brett maintains a general litigation practice that includes, but is not limited to business and other civil litigation, property tax litigation, products defense, civil rights claims, employment matters, and personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Brett has received the highest possible rating (AV) in ethical standards and legal ability from Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale’s rating system is based upon evaluations of lawyers by other attorneys and judges.
Brett is originally from Underwood, Iowa, and received his undergraduate degree from the University of Northern Iowa. Brett is a member of the local bar associations and is a member of the Litigation and Administrative Law sections of the Iowa State Bar Association and the State and Local Government section of the American Bar Association.
- B.A., Psychology, University of Northern Iowa 1993
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 1999, With High Distinction
Courts Admitted To:
- United States District Court, Northern District, Iowa
- United States District Court, Southern District, Iowa
- United States District Court, Nebraska
- Supreme Court of Iowa
- Supreme Court of Nebraska
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Iowa Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Pottawattamie County Bar Association
- Wings of Hope Cancer Support Center Board of Directors
- The Municipal Housing Agency of Council Bluffs Board of Directors
- Volunteer Coach: Golden Eagles Wrestling Academy
535 West Broadway
Council Bluffs, IA 51503